John Kessel - Director of Sport Development for USA Volleyball, Director of World Paravolley
John’s Philosophy - “Develop amazing leaders/citizens."
We are very pleased to welcome John Kessel to the podcast. John is the director of world paravolleyball and director of sport development for USA volleyball, amongst many other titles.
Within this podcast we discuss a wide range of topics:
- The 10,000 hour rule
- The benefits of stress
- Three words he omits from practice
- The art of teaching, coaching, and learning.
- Why mistakes are good!
- What it means for the USA to have won the bronze medal at Rio.
- Austin discusses the biomechanics of the volleyball arm swing
- Much, much more within the podcast.
- John’s Blog - http://www.teamusa.org/usa-volleyball/grassroots/grow-the-game-blog
- Post: “No More 16 Year Gaps” - http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Volleyball/Features/2015/September/28/No-More-16-Year-Gaps
- Thailand 11 & under volleyball school championships - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJmpZSNoIzY
- Social Media
- Link to USA ParaVolleyball Gold Medal Match -
Listen in iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-four-percent-podcast/id1137465798?mt=2&i=376301679
Follow Apiros on Social Media
- Instagram - Apiros.Team
- Facebook -
- Twitter - www.twitter.com/apriosteam